Miller at the double as Vikings resist the physical approach!
- Credit: Archant
The Vikings second team were 4-2 winners in their Fresha League Division One game at Colyton.
The Vikings were not at their best. Indeed, it was a lethargic display against an over-physical opposition (who they play again this Saturday at Manstone Lane!)
Joe Gosse prodded home from a 10th minute corner, but parity was restored just five minutes later when Damian Armes, deputising in goal after a last minute reshuffle, was well beaten by a fantastic header.
Town rallied, and Man of the Match Al Forsyth scored with a cross-cum-shot that deceived the home keeper.
With heavy challenges flying in the youthful Vikings side stepped up a gear and scored a beautiful goal 10 minutes before the break.
You may also want to watch:
Riki Pitter sent Ferenc Bodor down the flank and his cross was neatly tucked away by the elegant Joe Miller.
In the second half the physical approach of the home side reached new levels, but the young Vikings rose above it and teenager Miller netted his second with a lobbed effort to kill the game off. Colyton scored a second with a minute left on the clock that gave the final score the impression this was a close contest – it was not!
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
Jake Sellick, Ben Squance and Alex Raistrick were a tight unit at the back and Matt Ogley again impressed in midfield while Ollie Pinnock added bite when introduced shortly after the break and Darren Thomas had a cameo role with 10 minutes remaining.