Miller nets to send Vikings into Grandisson Cup final
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Town Reserves booked a place in the final of the Grandisson Cup thanks to a last gasp goal from teenager Joe Miller.
Miller netted minutes after Kentisbeare had levelled things up at 1-1 in the 86th minute.
The Town second string, despite being able to field a strong starting eleven, struggled to get the basics right which gave plenty of encouragement to the Division Five opposition.
However, just before the break Will Jenkins netted to put the Vikings ahead.
In the second half Town finally began to play some passing football A strong reserve side struggled to get the basics right and in doing so made this a tough contest Will Jenkins scored on half time after Town finally played some football, but it was, for the most part, a frustrating game for Town followers and potential disappointment loomed when the Mid Devon side scored with just four minutes to play.
You may also want to watch:
There was still time though for young Miller to sweep home a loose ball to send the Vikings into the final which will be played next Tuesday (May 31).
They will meet Upottery after the villagers thrashed Honiton Town Reserves 6-2 in their Tuesday night semi-final. Tuesday’s final is being played at Ottery St Mary with a 7pm kick-off.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend