Mison skips rink to fine win over Seaton
Sidmouth enjoyed an excellent home victory when they entertained Seaton, writes Ron Cook.
The four rink match ended 81-72 in favour of the home side with a 14 shot victory for the rink skipped by Peter Mison that also included Brian Barber, Ron Denning and Frank Adlam who won 23-9.
Meanwhile the rink skipped by Derek Mountford, together with Trevor Wells, Gordon Blood and Harry Carpenter, recorded a 20-16 success.
Last week Sidmouth also met Madeira in the section 3 TopClub final.
A powerful Madeira side were victorious in the 2-Wood and 4-Wood Singles and also in the Pair’s and Triple’s whilst Sidmouth gained their only success in the Fours.
You may also want to watch:
It was indeed an excellent effort from the home team to get that far ion the competition and that augers well for next year’s challenge.
In the Exeter over-60s League there was another seven point haul for the A team which enabled them to consolidate their sixth place position in Division One but both the B and C team’s had a disappointing week losing their respective matches.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles