Mitchelmore’s June medal joy for Lee Wenham
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday, the Michelmore’s June medal was the competition at Sidmouth Golf Club, writes John Barnard.
There were three separate divisions contested and so were lots of prizes to be won!
In Division One, the clear winner was Lee Wenham with a fabulous nett 62 (gross 71).
Twelve pars and one birdie earnt a two shot handicap reduction.
In second place, with a nett 65 was Matt Bavington, winning on countback from Nick Gingell. Two birdies on the back nine, including the eighteenth was just enough to keep Matt ahead of Nick who eagled the 13th, but was undone by a triple bogie on the eleventh.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Two, veteran John Game won with a nett 68. One ahead of Jerry Russell. Steady scoring and a birdie on the fourth gave John his win. A double bogie on the sixteenth lost Jerry a place. A further shot back was Stuart Ruffle.
In Division Three, Stewart Pile got into the prizes for the first time with a nett 66. Michael Smedley was second with a nett 69 and Rob Willmington completed the prize winners with a nett 70 which should have been much better.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 8 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival