Monaghan’ three-for sees Sidmouth Under-12s to big win over Kenn.
Sidmouth Under-12s proved too strong for Kenn when the side’s met in a Bradleys Easet Devon Youth League encounter.
After winning the toss and opting to bat Sidmouth openers Andrew Donovan and Jordan Fowler made a fine start and there were 52 runs on the board when Donovan lost his wicket for 20. This brought Hannah Vicary to the middle and she looked assured playing some confident shots in support of Fowler who was keeping the score board ticking over until he fell to a catch at square leg for 27 with the score on 72.
Thomas Simmons joined Vicary and pushed the score along to 107-3 when Vicary was out leg before wicket for 11.
Oliver Pugsley scored one before being caught and Louis Morison, who came to the wicket to face the last delivery, ended one not out as Sidmouth closed their innings on 110-4.
The Kenn reply never got going in the face of some tremendous Sidmouth bowling. Cole Monagahn was the star of the show with the ball as he claimed three wickets for just six runs from his four overs.
You may also want to watch:
Harry Ensall took two for seven from a pair of overs and Lilly Goodier picked up figures of 1-4 from her two overs. Wicketkeeper Louis Morison claimed three stumpings as Sidmouth cruised to as handsome win.
- 1 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 2 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 6 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home