Monthly medal misses rain
With the recent weather playing havoc with the golf schedule we missed the heavy rain on Saturday for the Monthly Medal. One person who will be glad he did play despite the forecast was David Bater.
With the recent weather playing havoc with the golf schedule we missed the heavy rain on Saturday for the Monthly Medal.
One person who will be glad he did play despite the forecast was David Bater.
He masterminded his way round the course and produced a very impressive gross 63, nett 58.
This score, albeit fantastic, still only won by a shot, although from a different handicap category.
You may also want to watch:
Results for the monthly medal:
Division 1 - 1, D Bater nett 58; 2, J Game, nett 62; 3, J Winchester, nett 63.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
Division 2 - 1, Kym White, nett 61; 2, T O'Brien, nett 62; 3, R Trivett, nett 62.
Division 3 - 1, J Carroll, nett 59; 2, G Adam, nett 63; 3, G Hewitt, nett 66.
Having just been upstairs to look at the notice board, I do feel I have to congratulate two newish members for reaching the semi-finals of the club's most prestigious trophy, The Challenge Cup.
Dennis Fensom and Bob Johnston both defeated quality opposition to reach the penultimate round.
The top half of the draw is still to be decided but it looks like there will be a 50% chance of a new winner of this competition.
Monday Stableford results: S Emerson 43; M White 42; A Thomson 41; J Jones 41; W Hudson 41; M Thomas 40; J P Lee 40; J Horn 39; D Burgess 38; K Denning 38; D K Taylor 38; S R Crabb 37.
By Chris Haigh