Mulligan aid appreciated by Sidmouth ladies
- Credit: Archant
The New Year started for the Sidmouth lady golfers with a fun competition in quite challenging rainy conditions, writes Penny Ashby.
The format included the gift of no less than four mulligans in the course of the round.
Even one mulligan, (this is a free second shot), is normally a welcome bonus!
The mulligan is named after a member at Winged Foot who always hit a second shot off the first tee and counted it as his first!
On this occasion the competition was won by Jane Renken with 36 points.
You may also want to watch:
Jane will probably not mind us pointing out that she found a red Buddha on the first tee which undoubtedly helped her to a winning score!
Liz Chance, the outgoing captain, came in second with 34 points, followed closely by Sheila Tallon with 33 points.
- 1 Making the most of our daily walks by the sea
- 2 Sidmouth musician to host 24hr virtual open mic for cancer charity
- 3 Diamonds are forever - Devon Communities Together launches 60th anniversary campaign
- 4 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 5 Boohoo’s purchase of Arcadia group brands could provide a massive benefit for the High Street
- 6 Sidmouth Cricket Club building new partnerships
- 7 If you want something sorted then you better call Sal
- 8 Young people welcome to ‘Youthie’ on Zoom
- 9 It will be good to see Sidmouth town centre 'bustling again'
- 10 Business employment charity needs helping boost to continue