Mulligan aid appreciated by Sidmouth ladies
- Credit: Archant
The New Year started for the Sidmouth lady golfers with a fun competition in quite challenging rainy conditions, writes Penny Ashby.
The format included the gift of no less than four mulligans in the course of the round.
Even one mulligan, (this is a free second shot), is normally a welcome bonus!
The mulligan is named after a member at Winged Foot who always hit a second shot off the first tee and counted it as his first!
On this occasion the competition was won by Jane Renken with 36 points.
You may also want to watch:
Jane will probably not mind us pointing out that she found a red Buddha on the first tee which undoubtedly helped her to a winning score!
Liz Chance, the outgoing captain, came in second with 34 points, followed closely by Sheila Tallon with 33 points.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home