Mulligan aid appreciated by Sidmouth ladies
- Credit: Archant
The New Year started for the Sidmouth lady golfers with a fun competition in quite challenging rainy conditions, writes Penny Ashby.
The format included the gift of no less than four mulligans in the course of the round.
Even one mulligan, (this is a free second shot), is normally a welcome bonus!
The mulligan is named after a member at Winged Foot who always hit a second shot off the first tee and counted it as his first!
On this occasion the competition was won by Jane Renken with 36 points.
You may also want to watch:
Jane will probably not mind us pointing out that she found a red Buddha on the first tee which undoubtedly helped her to a winning score!
Liz Chance, the outgoing captain, came in second with 34 points, followed closely by Sheila Tallon with 33 points.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival