N1 member Tom Elliott serves up record time in Copenhagen Ironman event
- Credit: Archant
An East Devon father and son combination were in triathlon action in Denmark last weekend.
Dennis and Tom Elliott, both members of the local N1 Tri Club, were in the Copenhagen where they took part in the Ironman Triathlon there.
The pair were also taking part in a bid to raise funds to help by Exmouth youngster Louis Watts a disability bike.
Tom Elliott’s performance was truly outstanding as he completed the event in a superb time of nine hours and thirty minutes to finish a magnificent 103rd in a field of 3,200 athletes.
Tom was the first british competitor to finish, completing the 2.4 mile swim in 59 minutes, 112-mile bike section in a time of four hours and 55 minutes and finally running the 26.2 miles in three hours and 24 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Tom also set a new club record that may well stand for some time!
Elliott senior completed the course in 14 hours and six minutes.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution