N1 Tri Club member Lisa Braunton certainly enjoys a challenge
- Credit: Archant
If there was a prize for the N1 Tri Club member who had challenged themselves the most this year, it would surely go to Lisa Braunton, writes Ellie Dominey.
In her debut season in multi-sport, Lisa has tackled her first lake swim triathlon, her first sea swim triathlon, her first Olympic distance triathlon, and now, as of last weekend, she has capped off a tremendous summer of competition and personal challenge with her biggest achievement to date in completing the Cotswold Classic Middle (half iron) distance triathlon in a sub seven our time!
With a 1900m swim completed in 44 minutes, she went on to post a 3:34 bike split for the 90km cycle, and then a sub two-hour thirty minute half marathon to round off a great day over this challenging endurance distance.
There is no finer way for someone to embody the N1 Club motto: ‘Be the best you can be’.
Club members are now of course asking if this will inevitably lead to an attempt at the Full Ironman distance in 2017!
You may also want to watch:
Lisa has thus far remained silent on the issue!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients