N1 Tri Club out in strength to support Sal Hutter in fund-raising event for Marie Curie
- Credit: Archant
Team work is not the first thing you would associate with the sport of triathlon, but for East Devon’s N1 Tri club it is very important, writes Dennis Elliott.
Training ,racing or volunteering to marshal at other’s events you will often see a team of smiling faces sporting the club colours. It came as no surprise then when Sally Hutter called upon her fellow club members to support her in a sea swim in order to raise money for the clubs charity of choice, Marie Curie Cancer Care that there was a good response.
Hutter had been hoping to take part in the regular Boxing Day Sidmouth Sea swim, but a postponed operation until Christmas Eve got in the way!
Around 20 club members found they had chosen a wild night as the seas crashed against the Sidmouth shore.
Hutter led the swimmers into the surf and Father Christmas hats, tinsel and various other adornments were flung into the air as a short course in body surfing took place!
You may also want to watch:
Post swim Sal Hutter was delighted to be able to present Angela Booth the head fund raiser in Honiton with a cheque for £500 which had been raised by the club. The second highlight of the evening was a presentation, at the post swim party, of Honorary Life Membership to Karl Hodson.
He has done so much to develop the club in recent years. Amongst his many projects has been coaching, kit design and procurement and, most of all, motivation and support to other club members.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
The N1 tri club salutes Sally Hutter and Karl Hodson, but at this time of year we offer a special salute to the nurses of Marie Curie and for those people they care for who have their own particular race to run.
If the sport of triathlon interests you then visit the club’s website which is www.n1triathlon.co.uk or their Facebook page n1 tri club.