N1 Tri club’s Helen Jones wins Big T Enduro Triathlon
- Credit: Archant
N1 Tri Club members have been in action at a number of events over the past few weeks, writes Ellie Dominey.
Helen Jones showed that she means to continue with her success of 2016 into this year by taking the female win at the Big T Enduro Triathlon in Wiltshire.
This event is unusual in that it combines long distance racing with a pool swim.
After swimming 600m (24 lengths), cycling 45k and running 10k, Helen took the tape in a combined time of 2:24:50.
Jim McKechnie opened up his season with mixed fortunes at the Exe Valley Sprint Triathlon at Tiverton.
You may also want to watch:
Jim is consistently strong across all three disciplines and was hoping to target a top three spot in his age category.
However, at the finish he did not appear on the results. A glance down at his ankle revealed why: he’d forgot to attach his timing chip before the race!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
He later provided the organisers with Garmin data and got himself inserted and his finish position was seventh MV40 in a time of one-hour-and-twelve-minutes in what was a very competitive race.