N1 tri club saluted ‘Mighty Morfey’
- Credit: Archant
The motto of the N1 Tri Club is ‘Be the Best you can Be’ and over the last number of years Honiton’s Stephen Morfey has fully lived up to that goal.
When he joined the Triathlon club Stephen announced his intention to get really fit and build on his already excellent swimming and become an all round athlete.
Some three years later in the boiling heat of Nottingham late last month, Stephen, aka as ‘Murph’ to his club mates, took on the awesome Ironman Triathlon Challenge and qualified to call himself an ‘Outllaw’ in the famous annual race based at The National Water sports Centre.
He covered the 2.4-miles swim, 112-miles of cycling and 26.2-miles of running in a time of 13 hours 16 minutes and 9 seconds.
He suffered badly in the heat as did many of the 1500 other athletes on the day, but in the end his training, strength of mind and sheer guts carried him to the finish line where his supporters were waiting.
You may also want to watch:
There are no less that six N1 members taking on the Ironman challenge this summer in various events around Europe.
For now though the entire club is extremely proud of a very popular member, who joins its ‘Ironman Roll of Honour’ -Stephen Morfey we salute you!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients