N1 Tri Club stages first Westpoint meeting of new season
- Credit: Archant
N1 staged its first Westpoint meeting of the year in midweek, writes Ellie Dominey.
This year the club is alternating between time trials and duathlons.
This week saw a fantastic inaugural turn out of 20 athletes, lining up to take on a T45 (ride as hard as you can at a sustained effort for 45 minutes and record the distance you clock up).
There were some truly staggering biking efforts on display and our young teenage squad pushed each other all the way, with Patrick Livingstone, Ollie Caute and Ross Clarke all riding over 17.25 miles in the 45 minutes.
In the ladies event, Helen Jones and Ellie Dominey managed to cover well over 15 miles a piece, whilst our senior men worked well off each other, with Adrian Logan, Mike Mears and Garry Parrett all pushing for the 16 mile barrier: one to aim for next time.
You may also want to watch:
Our veteran squad put in some fine quality performances too, showing that age is no barrier to a bit of speed!
Nick Johnson, Steve White, Liz and Dennis Elliott, Jane Beech and Lisa Braunton all recorded distances of 13.5 miles (that equates to an average speed of 18mph) or more.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 5 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
All in all, some great riding, but also safe riding with no accidents to report and all the riders looking out for each other.