N1 Tri Club stages first Westpoint meeting of new season
- Credit: Archant
N1 staged its first Westpoint meeting of the year in midweek, writes Ellie Dominey.
This year the club is alternating between time trials and duathlons.
This week saw a fantastic inaugural turn out of 20 athletes, lining up to take on a T45 (ride as hard as you can at a sustained effort for 45 minutes and record the distance you clock up).
There were some truly staggering biking efforts on display and our young teenage squad pushed each other all the way, with Patrick Livingstone, Ollie Caute and Ross Clarke all riding over 17.25 miles in the 45 minutes.
In the ladies event, Helen Jones and Ellie Dominey managed to cover well over 15 miles a piece, whilst our senior men worked well off each other, with Adrian Logan, Mike Mears and Garry Parrett all pushing for the 16 mile barrier: one to aim for next time.
You may also want to watch:
Our veteran squad put in some fine quality performances too, showing that age is no barrier to a bit of speed!
Nick Johnson, Steve White, Liz and Dennis Elliott, Jane Beech and Lisa Braunton all recorded distances of 13.5 miles (that equates to an average speed of 18mph) or more.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
All in all, some great riding, but also safe riding with no accidents to report and all the riders looking out for each other.