Nair nets as Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s beat CS Lions
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under 10s bagged a win double from meetings with Honiton Hornets and CS Lions.
In the first game against Honiton Hornets made a good start and took the lead.
Stung by the goal, Warriors hit back and Jamie Pitter chase down a through ball to grab an equaliser before half-time.
Warriors began the second half well and took a 2-1 lead with Ben Elsom slotting the ball home following a corner.
Honiton tried to hit back, but got no change out of home defensive duo, Finn Upsher and Man of the Match Callum French and the victory was sealed with a late third goal.
You may also want to watch:
Next up, against a confident CS Lions, Warriors defended well to deny the visitors a clear cut chance.
Slowly the Warriors started creating gaps in the CS defence and, after some great interchanges, Tom Cload was able to fire home to grab the lead.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
Once ahead, Warriors began to play some of their best football of the season. Man of the Match Dev Nair, who demonstrated the benefits of the team centre forward running into the danger zone time and time again, finally got the goal his supreme efforts deserved, to give Warriors a 2-0 interval lead.
The second half saw several changes; Charley Turley creating lots of problems for the CS defence and late on Charles Joy was denied by the woodwork. Despite the quality of the opposition the Sidmouth boys closed out the game 2-0 winners.