Neil ‘Fred the Bread’ Faulkner tops Sidmouth Golf Club Winter League
- Credit: Archant
The winter three-ball competition was contested at Sidmouth last Sunday, writes George Carr.
It saw Neil Faulkner, Simon Knowles and Mike Teague win the medal format competition with a ten-under-par 66.
The winners needed count cack to come in to play to take top spot from Carl Sheehan, Ray (Gunner) Gunston and Kevin Howe who ran them very close.
Nick Gingell, Lawrence Hill and Mike Summers carded a 58 to claim the third spot and what was left of the sweep money from a modest field.
This Sunday’s format is a Texas Scramble - great fun for everyone - get yourself on the start sheet.
You may also want to watch:
The Winter League standings at the time of going t press are; In top spot sits Neil Falkner (Fred The Bread) with 13 points from Derek Platten on 11 whilst Paul Renkin and Gunner lurk a point further back. Sunday morning golf - don’t you just love it!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands