Neumegan at the double as Sidmouth Raiders Under-10s see off Lympstone Lympets
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s returned to action after a lengthy lay-off owing to the weather problems and they ended the morning unbeaten after encounters with in-house club mates Raiders and Lympstone Lympets.
There was an understandable slow start to their opening game against Raiders as they found their feet in competitive action again.
Defences were on top throughout and, fittingly, honours ended even!
The second game saw Warriors deliver the goods as they defeated the Lympets 3-1.
The opening goal arrived when Harry Emmett provided the assist for Toby Neumegan to score what proved to be the only goal of the first half.
You may also want to watch:
After the break the lead was doubled with Neumegan netting a second from a well delivered Thomas Mead corner.
With Jack Howe and Josh Miller forming a formidable defensive unit the Lympets chances were few and far between, but they did halve the deficit with a goal from a corner, the only time the impressive Ben Harrison was beaten.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
The two goal advantage was restored when, after some slick approach play from Richie Drewett the ball was knocked about in the opposition area before being tucked past his own keeper by a Lympets player.
Raiders: Thomas Mead, Harry Emmett, Jack Howe, Toby Neumegan, Richie Drewett, Josh Miller and Ben Harrison.