New faces at bowls club
The men entertained the president of the Devon County Indoor Bowling Association and his team winning two of the three rinks and the match by 59-46, write Marian and Maurice Watson.
The best rink was Ivan Robins, Cliff Hewett, Dennis Denner and skip Ron Cook.
A team of eight ladies, two rinks, played at Budleigh and a mixed team of four rinks visited Bridport. Both games were lost, the one at Bridport by the narrowest of margins 74-75 despite only winning on one rink. The successful rink was Anne Tredget, Adelina Constable, Maurice Watson and skip Eileen Stribling.
The first round of the Men’s County Trophy competition was played against Plymouth who always provide strong opposition. This match was no exception and they won on all four rinks.
The September open day attracted a number of people interested in trying the game of bowls.
You may also want to watch:
Some have now completed training and 14 new members have recently joined the club. We wish them many years of enjoyable bowling.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge