New indoor season underway at Sidmouth
A new indoor season is underway and 32 men played in two sessions at Sidmouth, writes Maurice Watson.
As was to be expected at the beginning of the season, with most members having played outside during the summer, a number of the early ends resulted with many bowls ending in the ditch!
Although bowlers know what to expect it takes a while to get accustomed to the much faster conditions indoors.
The successful team in the first session was Robert Cartlidge, David Fairclough and skip Brian Smith and in the second session David Butler, David Lever and skip Ed Backhouse.
The first competitive game will be this coming Sunday against the Devon Vice Presidents Association who will be represented by teams from South Hams, Budleigh and Exonia.
You may also want to watch:
That game will be followed on Monday by the very competitive event of the Ladies versus the Gents.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride