New player Bennett makes his mark with hat-trick in Sidmouth Warriors U14 cup win
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s sailed into the next round of the Exeter & District Youth league Cup after an 8-0 win away at Division One side Okehampton.
Warriors, looking the part in their new kit generously sponsored by Thomas Westcott, made a confident start.
Despite the difficult conditions, Warriors moved the ball around well and they scored the opening goal when Ryan Barnes scored a fine solo goal.
However, soon after netting Barnes picked up an injury and was forced out of the action, but his replacement, Dev Nair, made an instant impression setting up goals for Finn Cotton and Max Nevell and half time arrived with Warriors holding a commanding 3-0 lead.
Okehampton began the second half with renewed energy, but they got no change out of the impressive Warriors back line of Tom Cload, Callum French and new centre-back Callum Liddle.
You may also want to watch:
Another new player to the team this season, Tommy Bennett, then benefitted from some delightful play involving Thomas Nicholls and Will Pulman before drilling the ball home from the edge of the area.
Two trade-mark long range shots then gave Bennett a quick-fire second half hat-trick, a feat that also saw him land the Warriors' Man of the Match award.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
Barnes came back on, and was set-up by the excellent Charles Joy, to net his second before Chris Pinnock capped a great all-round team performance scoring his teams eighth and final goal. In the next round Warriors will face Crediton.