New triathlon team cranking up medals
- Credit: Archant
A NEW Tristar Triathlon team competed in the Bath Duathlon adding more top positions to their impressive start to the 2015 season.
Florence Swan (16), Ben Greenslade (15), Phoebe Clark (11), Abi Greenslade (10) and Alice Clark (8) from Lyme Regis, compete as CycleLife Axminster Tri team across the South West, in events that combine swimming, cycling and running and also in single discipline races.
Already this year, team members have achieved medal positions for the Junior Grizzly, Dalwood Three Hills, Sidmouth Aquathlon, Taunton Deane Aquathlon and Bath Duathlon. They hope to continue their success in the forthcoming South West Championship Triathlon series which starts at the end of April.
The team is supported by CycleLife Bike Shop in Axminster for bikes, servicing and accessories and SpinCycle Studio Cycling for coaching support with Travel4Fitness looking after logistics and travel.
Ian Bruton from CycleLife in Axminster said: “Helping keen, talented youngsters to be more competitive is extremely satisfying.”
You may also want to watch:
Triathlon is one of the UK’s fastest-growing sports, with the British Triathlon Federation reporting that 196,303 individuals took part in events during 2014.
The Triathlon format is swim-cycle-run where the swim can be open water or in a pool. Distances vary depending on the age group and typically the 15-16 year old athletes would swim 400 metres, cycle between 10 to 20km and finish with a 2.5km run.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
To find out more about the team’s achievements visit the SpinCycle Facebook page.