Newton Abbot races this weekend
There’s action at Newton Abbot Racecourse this weekend as the end of the summer holidays are being celebrated with the course holding a Summer Festival weekend.
There is free entry for children aged 16 and under and also for students, the latter holding a valid student ID or NUS card.
Amongst some great racing there’s the listed Class 1 Lord Mildmay Memorial Handicap Chase on Saturday and the Class 2 totequadpot Four Places In Four Races Handicap Hurdle on Sunday.
The family enclosure will be open for both fixtures with a range of activities for children to enjoy.
Tickets will be available at the gate on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Racing starts at 2:10pm for both fixtures, with gates opening two hours before.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do