Newton Poppleford and Harpford Tennis Club Fun Day a real success
Newton Poppleford and Harpford Tennis Club staged their Annual Fun Day.
This is a popular event at which anybody, and indeed everybody is welcome to simply turn up and play and this years Fun Day also doubled as a recruitment day.
The club, now over twenty years young has been staging an on-going programme of fund raising to re-surface the courts.
The floods of 2008 and the harsh winter of 2010 did not help the surface issue and the club is engaged in one big final push to boost the funds to enable a re-surfacing programme to commence this autumn.
New members are always made very welcome at the club, one that prides itself on being a fun club with members encouraged to use the floodlit courts at any time.
You may also want to watch:
The cost of membership is seemingly low when compared to other similar clubs with single membership costing �40 and �30 for a youth membership whilst an entire family can become members for a �100 fee.
The club competes in both summer and winter leagues and there is an annual ballot for Wimbledon tickets.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
This year two club members are lucky enough to be headi9ng to South West London to watch the men’s Finals!
In addition the club has a varied social calendar, with roving suppers, quizzes, fun days and of course our famous Wimbledon Ball which this year will take place on July 2, starting at 7.30 p.m. at the Pavilion, Back Lane.
Tickets are in short supply but there are some still available call Rosemary Zirker on 013395 567430 or email her on email@example.com. Do not leave it long as it is bound to be a sell-out. The cost of the evening including a super buffet, great music and a unique atmosphere is just �12.50 each. Bring your own drink, we supply the glasses. If you cannot make this event but want to know more contact David Zirker, the Secretary on 567430 or 07802 755411 and email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to make a donation to the Resurfacing Fund then please contact David Zirker who will give you whatever information you need.