No complaints in defeat
Sidmouth 7, Okehampton 27 Sidmouth Colts have no complaints about this result in an under-par performance and Okehampton were worthy winners.
For the new colts the game was an example of how competitive, demanding and challenging Colts rugby is, and the players with the desire to make an impact at this level must learn from the experience.
Through the first half Sidmouth had good possession and field position but were unable take advantage.
Poor concentration, execution and ball retention hampered any chance of a worthwhile line break and Sidmouth lacked a cutting-edge and consequently played right into the hands of their opponents.
Okehampton steadily grew in confidence and worked hard as a team with energy, commitment and enthusiasm. Their high work rate deservedly earned them crucial turnovers which inevitably lead to scoring opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
On the bright side there was a splendid shift from Dan Powell, who created and scored a super try whilst Luke Wells Burr and John Pares also played well, but were fighting a loosing battle with too many of the team off the pace in a game that was eminently winnable.
This week the Colts have a larger squad available and look forward to playing a strong Weston-super-Mare Hornets team. The game kicks-off early at 12.50 on the Blackmore Field and is the curtain-raiser for a great afternoon of rugby at the club.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford