Norman Brimson draws on experience to beat Ann Capon in Sidmouth Club Championship Final
The weather-men promised us strong winds and heavy rain on the second Finals Day held last Tuesday, write John Chew and John Mason.
Fortunately it wasn’t as bad as forecast, and to the organisers relief we managed to complete the Programme.
Norman Brimson had to draw on all his experience to beat Ann Capon by the narrowest of margins to win the Club Championship.
Dutch Holland and Bob Seldon staged a come-back in the second half of their Men’s pairs Final, but it was too little, too late as Ken Bridgman and John Mason ran out comfortable winners.
In the afternoon session, Ivan Robins got his arithmetic right to beat David Hughes in a close-fought “Climo” competition.
You may also want to watch:
This has been a very competitive, but very sociable series of Finals, which were brought to an end in typical style by the final of the Victory Bowl, a mixed triples competition.
Zena Johnson ended the day with a second win, ably assisted by Len Catford and Frank Adlam.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge