North Somerset athletes qualify for South West Schools championships
Thirteen North Somerset Athletic Club athletes qualified to run for Avon Schools cross country teams at the South West Championships.
Thirteen North Somerset Athletic Club athletes gained selection for the Avon Schools cross country teams that will be travelling the Cornwall for the South West Schools Cross Country Championships.
Sam Gentry continued his fine form with an outstanding victory in the inter-boys race at the Avon Schools Championships and will be confident of making an impact at Truro, despite being a lower age group athlete.
Team-mates Callum Smith was third with Jack Wilkinson, Will Fuller and Jaylan Bacon all finishing in the top 10 places to also qualify.
Daisy Manners-Lolley, Millie Rosenior and Abi Taylor all qualified for the minor girls team with top 10 positions in the Bristol qualifiers, while Megan McCrum finished fifth in the inter-girls race, qualifying as the sole club athlete in this age group.
You may also want to watch:
David Warnes and Joe Gentry take their places after third and fourth place finishes respectively in the senior boys race, while senior girl Alys Withers ran very well to qualify in ninth place.
Ollie Lock was the sole junior boy to make the top 10 after running solidly to also qualify in fifth place.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98