Nunn wins U10s championship
Jack Nunn, 9, from Ottery St Mary, was awarded a South West Tae Kwon Do U10s championship at the recent TAGB South West Tournament Yellow Belt Junior Division at Salisbury.
Nunn won all five rounds of the competition, the finals going to tie-break with sudden death (first score to win). Nunn came out on top with an amazing winning punch.
Jack, who goes to Ottery St Mary Primary School, has been training for just over a year in Tae Kwon Do at Colin Tooze Sports Centre.
Mum Vikki had a go at Tag team sparring on the day. They lost to their opponents who were ranked higher than them.
However Vikki scored all the points for her team.
You may also want to watch:
Jack also had a go a Tag team sparring on the day. They also lost to the other team as again the others were a senior belt and had more experience.
However, they scored 10-12 and at one stage thought they had a chance of winning.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
Both Jack and Vikki will be competing again at the TAGB English Championships at Telford on March 18.