O’Connor at the double as Sidmouth Warriors U11s lose at Alphington
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s went down 5-2 in their Exeter and District Youth League meeting with Alphington Warriors.
Warriors were under pressure from the opening whistle and it needed two terrific Oscar Finch saves to deny the Exeter side in the opening exchanges!
However, the pressure continued and the Alphas netted four times in 10 minutes to take charge of the contest – though they were helped by some shocking defending!
The Warriors coaching staff made a few quick changes and moved the ever-consistent Laurence Coles into a central defensive berth and immediately things looked far more organised.
Indeed, it was the quick thinking of Coles with a free-kick that fashioned a chance for Lucas O’Connor, who still had lots of work to do before beating the Alphington goalkeeper with a left foot shot.
You may also want to watch:
A similar goal was scored when Dylan Robbins provided the assist for O’Connor to net his second with another left-foot strike and half-time arrived with Warriors trailing by two goals at 4-2.
After the break the Warriors play was much improved and, with Coles, O’Connor and Seamus Kent impressing, it was only in the closing moments that the Alphas notched their fifth and final goal.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
The Man of the Match award for Warriors went to two-goal Lucas O’Connor.