O’Connor at the double as Warriors Under-11s are beaten by Crediton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s had a depleted side for their Exeter and District Youth League meeting with Crediton United, a match they ultimately lost 9-3.
Half-term holidays did not help the team selection options and Warriors, without a substitute, made the worst possible start, shipping a goal after just 30 seconds – and four more by the 15th minute of the game!
However, rather than sit back and accept a heavy defeat, Warriors showed real strength of character and battled back to gain a foothold in the contest.
They got a goal back when Ethan Isaac showed excellent technique to brush aside a challenge before crossing for Lucas O’Connor to rifle the ball home and then young Issac provided the assist for a second O’Connor goal as the deficit was reduced to three goals.
Crediton United hit back to score four more, but Warriors were not finished and got a richly deserved third when Lucas Vicary scored.
You may also want to watch:
The Warriors’ Man of the Match award went to Laurence Coles.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project