O’Connor at the double as Warriors Under-11s are beaten by Crediton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s had a depleted side for their Exeter and District Youth League meeting with Crediton United, a match they ultimately lost 9-3.
Half-term holidays did not help the team selection options and Warriors, without a substitute, made the worst possible start, shipping a goal after just 30 seconds – and four more by the 15th minute of the game!
However, rather than sit back and accept a heavy defeat, Warriors showed real strength of character and battled back to gain a foothold in the contest.
They got a goal back when Ethan Isaac showed excellent technique to brush aside a challenge before crossing for Lucas O’Connor to rifle the ball home and then young Issac provided the assist for a second O’Connor goal as the deficit was reduced to three goals.
Crediton United hit back to score four more, but Warriors were not finished and got a richly deserved third when Lucas Vicary scored.
You may also want to watch:
The Warriors’ Man of the Match award went to Laurence Coles.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon