O’Connor hat-trick as Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s make League Plate competition progress
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s made progress in the Exeter and District Youth League Plate with a first round 6-3 win over Heavitree Hawks.
Warriors made the perfect start, scoring just 90 seconds into the match when, after some trickery from Seamus Kent, Oscar Finch, making a rare start out of goal, took the ball and drilled it into the net.
Almost immediately, Finch forced a great save out of the Heavies’ glovesman before, as play swung from end-to-end, Warriors goalkeeper Lucas Vicary made a fine save to deny the Exeter side an equaliser.
The lead was doubled with Laurence Coles providing the assist for a Lucas O’Connor goal.
Heavitree hit back and eventually got the better of the impressive Vicary, but Warriors were soon back in charge and a second from O’Connor made it 3-1 before O’Connor turned provider to set up Edward Roles to send Warriors into the break with a 4-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Heavitree made a flying start to the second half and a brace of quick-fire goals got them back to within a single goal at 4-3!
Warriors dug deep and, when Ollie Gibbins played a great ball to Roles, he, in turn, passed it to O’Connor, who weaved through the Heavies’ defence before scoring with his left foot to complete his hat-trick. In the closing stages, Ethan Isaac scored the Warriors’ sixth and final goal.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
Lucas O’Connor, with a terrific hat-trick, took the Man of the Match honours, but special mention must also be made of the contribution of Jude Horricks, who was most impressive in his first start for the team.