O’Connor hat-trick as Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s net win double
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Sidmouth Warriors enjoyed a brace of clean sheet victories in their latest Exeter and District Youth League matches.
First up they defeated Seaton 3-0 with the hallmark of the win being the sold defensive play of Will Lawrence in front of a confident Oscar Finch in goal.
The opening goal arrived from a Lucas Vicary corner that was turned home by midfielder Lucas O’Connor.
O’Connor doubled the lead, netting his 23rd goal of the season in the process and that sent Warriors into half-time with a 2-0 lead.
After the break Seaton hit back and there were some terrific battles in midfield. Alistair Mounoury made many fine runs at the Seaton defence. At the other end of the pitch more fine defending from Lawrence and Dylan Robbins and two superb saves by Finch, denied Seaton a way back into the game.
You may also want to watch:
Victory was sealed when Taylan Jones provided the assist for Vicary to complete another hat-trick.
The Warriors Man of Match award went to Will Lawrence.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Next up Warriors defeated Feniton 2-0.
Lucas O’Connor and Ethan Isaac went closest for Warriors in a tense first half that saw Oscar Finch make a crucial save just before the break.
The deadlock was finally broken in the second half with Vicary the scorer after terrific approach play from Mounoury.
Only a wonderful save by the Feniton glovesman denied O’Connor before Dylan Robbins won a free-kick some 20 metres out and Mounoury rifled the ball home.
Taylan Jones, growing in confidence each time he plays, had another fine game, but the Man of the Match award went to Lucas O’Connor.