O’Connor nets four as Sidmouth Warriors U11s power to home win
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s were 8-3 winners when they entertained Copplestone in an Exeter and District Youth League game.
Warriors dominated the game from the first whistle and, after a weaving run and finish from Lucas O’Connor, were ahead with just two minutes on the clock.
Some fine approach play from Lucas Vicary created the opportunity for O’Connor to double his tally, but the visitors then hit back to halve the deficit.
Dylan Robbins and Ethan Isaac then combined for Vicary to restore the Warriors’ two goal advantage and there was still time for O’Connor to rifle home a left foot shot to complete a first-half hat-trick to send his side in at the break with a 4-1 lead.
The home dominance continued in the second half and, shortly after both Ollie Gibbins and Laurence Coles were unlucky not to put their names on the score sheet, Vicary drilled the ball home to make it 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
Five became six when Coles got the goal his display deserved and then the hard-working Seamus Kent made it 7-1.
Battling Copplestone struck twice in quick succession, both times punishing some sloppy home defending, but Warriors had the final say and fittingly it was Man of the Match O’Connor who scored his fourth and the game’s 11th goal to round things off.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support