O’Connor nets four in Warriors win
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s were 6-4 winners when they entertained near neighbours West Hill in an Exeter and District Youth League meeting.
Having played such a terrific game earlier against CS Cobras, Warriors were not at their best in what was a happy, if high scoring contest!
West Hill struck in the very first minute, but parity was restored when an Alistair Mounoury corner was tuned home by Oscar Finch – the latter having a break from his regular goalkeeping duties.
However, a second defensive error of the half was again punished by West Hill to see Warriors behind again.
A quick substitution saw to the introduction of the in-form Lucas O’Connor and he levelled things up with his very touch with Dylan Robbins providing the ‘assist’.
You may also want to watch:
O’Connor then struck two quick-fire goals to leave Warriors ahead, only for West Hill to hit back with two of their own and stun the hosts, who trooped off at the break trailing by the odd goal in seven!
After the break, Vicary glided past a couple of players before slipping the ball to Mounoury who promptly rifled the ball home from 25-yards to level things up at 4-4.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Some Ethan Issac quick-thinking set up O’Connor to once again fire Warriors into the lead and they added a sixth late on when, following some fine tackling by Taylan Jones, the ball fell to Vicary to fire into the back of the net and complete the scoring.
Lucas O’Connor was named the Warriors Man of the Match.