Open day coming up
Sidmouth bowling club
In the return match with Madeira, Sidmouth only managed one winning rink, skipped by Chris Rourke ably supported by Ron Graham and Trevor Pritchard , returning a score of 27-20, writes Ron Cook
Early in the year, Sidmouth were the victors at home by 45 shots whereas Madeira, on this occasion, ran out the winners by 115 to 85.
On Sunday, Sidmouth played an away mixed match against Marina in Dawlish, resulting in a score of 121-79 in favour of Sidmouth. Best rink was Elain Reed, Trevor Wells and skip Val Newnham 26- 9, a very good result for three new members. Other scores: Ray Tallent, Sue Mison and skip Paddy Wrench 25-11; Anita Mason, Jim Wrench and skip John Mason 21-12; Christine Wells, Maurice Watson and skip Peter Mison 17-14; Marian Watson, Jean Green and skip Cliff Hewett 16 -13; Margaret Colman, Jane Painter and skip Chris Rourke 16-17
You may also want to watch:
In the Exeter and District over-60s League, Sidmouth’s A team scored another six points playing at home against Pinces Gardens to move into fifth place in the league. The B team had a similar score, also playing at home against Exonia, and the C team continue to find the opposition very strong, losing away against Seaton A, who are currently second in their league.
?OPEN DAY: On September 10, Sidmouth Bowls Club will open its doors to all members of the public, of any ability, interested in playing bowls, to go along and try the sport. Coaches and other members will be there to welcome those who wish to try their hand on the indoor rinks between 11am and 1pm. A friendly welcome with a cup of tea and most important, lots of encouragement is promised.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon