Otery St Mary make great start to new bowls season
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Men’s Over-60s made an excellent start to the new season.
The A team entertained Heavitree B and beat them 41-19 with victories on both rinks.
The B team played Sidmouth C and won on one rink whilst losing on the other.
However, they managed to win overall 37-33.
The Ladies, playing in the Over-50s Triples League, and who had won promotion at the end of the 2012 season, launched their campaign with a home game against a strong Sidmouth Blue.
You may also want to watch:
In what became a close encounter Ottery won on one rink, lost on the other and ended up on the wrong end of a 32-20 score line!
IN the NB Triples League Ottery ladies’ had a convincing win over Crediton Ladies winning on both rinks for an overall triumph of 44-18.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
A 2-Counties mixed match against Honiton saw Ottery register a superb success, winning 98-69.
In other matches, Ottery travelled to Bovey Tracey where they were successful on three rinks, lost on one, and claimed the match overall 96-59.
In a home game of Triples played on four rinks against Chagford, Ottery won on all rinks played with a final score of 90-52 in their favour.
The first touring team of the season, Westlecot, who are regular visitors to the club, saw them bring fine weather with them and they edged a very enjoyable game by three shots at 103-100.