Otter begin Exeter Evening League campaign with victory
- Credit: Archant
In their first match in the Exeter Evening Men’s League, Ottery were at home to Cullompton, writes Michael Smith.
It proved to be a close contest throughout, but it was Ottery who emerged victors by two rinks to one with one rink drawn and an overall score of 65-63.
The best Ottery rink was that of Dot Luff, Chris Hawke, John Pethick and skip Mike Smith, 22-9.
Ottery continued their winning streak with a victory at home to Honiton 111-82, and by four rinks to two, the best winning rink was Charlie Griffin, John Mabbott and skip George Kille, 26-8.
Ottery’s early season winning run finally came to an end with the visit of the first touring side of the season,.
You may also want to watch:
Westlecot narrowly won the match by a margin f just three shots at 141-138.
Of some consolation to the home side was a 5-2 rink success with the best of the winning rinks being the one of Jan Richardson, Carol Bennett, Derek Hunt and skip Brian Baker, 28-10.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout