Otter begin Exeter Evening League campaign with victory
- Credit: Archant
In their first match in the Exeter Evening Men’s League, Ottery were at home to Cullompton, writes Michael Smith.
It proved to be a close contest throughout, but it was Ottery who emerged victors by two rinks to one with one rink drawn and an overall score of 65-63.
The best Ottery rink was that of Dot Luff, Chris Hawke, John Pethick and skip Mike Smith, 22-9.
Ottery continued their winning streak with a victory at home to Honiton 111-82, and by four rinks to two, the best winning rink was Charlie Griffin, John Mabbott and skip George Kille, 26-8.
Ottery’s early season winning run finally came to an end with the visit of the first touring side of the season,.
You may also want to watch:
Westlecot narrowly won the match by a margin f just three shots at 141-138.
Of some consolation to the home side was a 5-2 rink success with the best of the winning rinks being the one of Jan Richardson, Carol Bennett, Derek Hunt and skip Brian Baker, 28-10.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support