Otters all set for Countess Wear test
- Credit: ©-Anthony Rowe L.R.P.S
Ottery St Mary are set to entertain Countess Wear Dynamoes in a Macron League Division Three game tomorrow (Saturday), with kick-off at 2.15pm.
The Otters were denied the chance for their regular midweek training session as the ground at Washbrook Meadow was frozen and manager Dave Fairweather is hoping that all is well with the pitch to allow them to play.
He says: “We have had a lot of rain during the week and I am really hoping we can play. Not training in midweek was a blow, but it was simply too frozen.
“This is our final game before the Christmas break and we come back in early January with a Bill Slee Cup tie at home to North Tawton so I am very keen that we get this league game in and wash that last outing [the 5-1 derby defeat to Tipton St John] out of the system. We have already met Countess Wear this season at their ground in what was very much a ‘game of two halves’ for us! We led 3-1 at the break, but then served up a dreadful second half and had to settle for a point in a 3-3 draw!”
The Otters final game before Christmas a year ago was also at home to Countess Wear Dynamoes and they beat the Exeter side 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Fairweather hopes for more of the same.
He says: “Last years home game with them saw us produce arguably some of our best football of the season so more of the same and I will be a very satisfied manager.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution