Otters all set for Devon Intermediate Cup test
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary are in Devon Intermediate Cup action tomorrow (Saturday) when they entertain Witheridge Reserves at Washbrook Meadow (2pm).
The Otters go into the game with almost the entire regular senior squad available – only Tom Hayes and Callum Rogers are unavailable.
Last weekend’s hat-trick star James Gosney will once again lead the line.
Otters boss Dave Worthington says: “James [Gosney] was superb in the number nine slot at Priory.
“He has previously played in central defence and anywhere across the midfield, but I just felt that we needed someone to play the lead role up top and he did with aplomb.
You may also want to watch:
“When he leads the line like he did at Priory it makes the game much easier for everyone else. He showed he is good at holding the ball up and he is clearly a natural finisher.
“With Tom Collins ruling the roost on the wing we carry a very serious threat when those two are on their game.”
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
The county cup is a competition that the Otters boss always likes to do well in.
He says: “Of course, winning the competition is a tough ask given it’s county wide and there are some very good teams in it. That said a good run in the county competition brings with it plenty of kudos and gets our club noticed and talked about.
“Hopefully the team will deliver for us the sort of performance that they gave in Exeter last weekend and we’ll take our place in the next round. I am confident that, given the player availability this weekend that anyone venturing along to watch us will not be disappointed.”