Otters back in pre-season training on June 13
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary AFC are set to return for pre-season training on Tuesday week (June 13).
Fairweather explained the decision saying: “We ended the season very early. Indeed, its now six weeks since we played and I am keen that we get a full four weeks of pre-season training in before we start warm-up matches in early July.”
The Otters will train twice a week with one session on a Tuesday night and another on a Saturday afternoon.
Off the pitch the work goes on at Washbrook Meadow, led, as ever, by the chairman.
Fairweather says: “Mike [chairman Mike Ringer] is a top, top chairman. He has so much enthusiasm for all things - the club - and I share his vision of the club being so much more than just a football club. We are very keen to be seen as a hub for the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“We are currently working on bringing together the necessary grant funding requests to overhaul the floodlights at the ground and a refurbishment of the dressing rooms is also on our summer ‘to do’ list. It might be the ‘close season’, but the work goes on in all areas of club life.”
Fairweather concluded: “What is going to happen is that we shall continue to show development and improvement on and off the pitch. That does mean lots of hard work by players and club folk alike, but we have great folk in great areas of our club and I am really confident about our future going forward.”
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour