Otters battling to get pitch ready for Thursday night fixture
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary are pulling out all the stops in a bid to get their Macron League Division Three meeting on with University at their Washbrook Meadow home on Thursday night (March 22).
However, last weekend’s snow has contributed to leaving the surface at Washbrook Meadow ‘very wet’ and Otters boss Dave Fairweather, whilst ultra keen to have the game played, is concerned.
He says: “With the season running out of weeks, we are keen to play, but I looked myself yesterday and the pitch is wet, and very wet in places!”
He continued: “We will be making every effort to get the game om.”
Dan Jewell, who missed the win at Budleigh returns and Matt Daly, who was substituted at half-time at Budleigh suffering from the effects of a heavy cold, is also expected to return to the match night squad.
You may also want to watch:
If the game goes ahead the kick-off is 7.30pm.
The Otters, fresh from a 3-2 win at Budleigh Salterton on Saturday, are about to commence a run of five games in a dozen days, for they are at Lympstone on Saturday (March 24) before a Grandisson Cup tie against Feniton Reserves at home on Tuesday night (March 27) and that’s followed by matches on Easter Saturday and Easter Monday!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
The Otters boss says: “It’s a busy time, but I would not have it any other way.”