Otters held by East Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary failed to win a Fresha League Division Six home game for the first time this season when East Budleigh Reserves departed with a point after a 1-1 draw at Washbrook Meadow.
Jonny Beer scored the Otters goal against a visiting side that had clearly done their homework and got players behind the ball, making it difficult for the Otters, who were not at their best, to play their usual fluent passing game.
A positive for the home team was that despite an ‘off day’ they remain unbeaten and hold a whopping 16-point lead at the top of the table with nine matches remaining this season.
On Saturday (January 31)the Otters entertain Exwick Village (2.15pm).
They beat the Exeter side 4-2 at Cowick Barton back in September.
You may also want to watch:
As with all good sides there is usually a response to a slip – given that a 1-1 draw at home to East Budleigh is such a slip – expect a top-notch performance from the Otters at Washbrook Meadow on Saturday.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club