Otters in full swing
Dominating right from the start, Ottery Crickets Ladies 2nd XI were quickly into full swing, over powering the Ashmoor defence easily.
Maisie Pritchard opened the scoring with a beautifully taken sweep into the goal.
Jane Roberts soon followed suit by edging past the Ashmoor defender to clip the ball into the goal from a well- timed pass by Caren Flicker.
The third and fourth goals came from a gracefully taken flick into the corner of the net and a mighty strike from a short corner routine by Pritchard and Roberts respectively.
Desperate for a goal of her own, Sophie Hudson scored by throwing her whole body at the ball in a surreal fashion to make the score 5-0 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Although Ashmoor raised their game in the second half, Roberts was able to complete her hat-trick by converting a well-weighted through ball from Norma Rich.
Caren Flicker completed the 7-0 routing by striking the ball with precision close to the far post.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Captain, Sami Parke was thrilled with her team's performance, especially as in the last two league games Ottery Crickets have scored ten goals and only conceded two!
Furthermore, she was pleased with the maturity and skill that was shown by the youngsters, Emily Ackland and Helen Mylne.