Otters look well set
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Cricket Club reach the halfway mark of the Francis Clark Devon League season tomorrow (Saturday) with all three teams looking set for respectable campaigns, writes Stephen Birley.
The senior side currently sit fourth bottom, but are 28 points clear of the drop zone whilst also 50 shy of second placed Ipplepen.
Tomorrow they travel to third in the table Clyst Hydon who will begin the day just nine points ahead of them in what is a congested C Division mid-table.
The 2nd XI are in the chase for a second successive promotion and that would mean top flight 2nd XI cricket at Ottery next season!
They sit second in the A Division, five points clear of third, six ahead of fourth and 29 above fifth placed Plymstock who they entertain tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
The third XI who were introduced this season have a huge game tomorrow when they entertain E Division East leaders Exmouth III.
The Otters newest team sit third in the table, 17 points adrift of Exmouth and seven behind second placed Upottery II.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival