Otters must get smart and quickly says Bunney
Ottery hampered by predeliction for red cards
Ottery St Mary need to get smart quickly if they are to progress in the Peninsula League, writes Lee Glanville.
They have enough ability to be challenging at the top of the league, but are being beaten by their current ability to pick up regular red cards.
Manager Dane Bunney said:”I can cope with injuries, that is part and parcel of the job, but I am enormously frustrated by suspensions - they can be avoided. Our form is not hot and cold any more, we can compete with the best,the players know that, but not with 10 men on the pitch!”
He was referring to Dan Jewell’s sending off after 30 minutes when the side were 1-0 up against league leaders Appledore, Michael Burke having scored.
You may also want to watch:
Appledore levelled by half time and went on to win 3-1, Ottery being backs to the wall. Ottery are home to Crediton on Saturday.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites