Otters on top
Sidmouth Hockey Club junior players took on the juniors of Ottery St Mary’s Ottery Crickets’ Hockey Club just before the Christmas break, writes Sarah Hutchings.
The games were organised for the over 10 age group and the under 10 age group for which Sidmouth was able to put out two teams of seven players.
The under-10s’ games showed some brilliant hockey and team work from the youngsters on all sides. Ottery managed to win three of the four games, but the result doesn’t show the determination and skill Sidmouth showed on the pitch – all whilst having a smile on their faces!
The over 10 age game was played at a very fast pace with some skilful team work played by both teams. Ottery scored first with a fast break and the ball neatly put into the corner by their striker. Sidmouth managed to get back into the game scoring two goals making it 2-2 at half time.
The second half saw Ottery pull ahead making the most of their chances and scoring a further three goals, the final score being 5-2 to Ottery.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you to all the Sidmouth parents for supporting and to the Ottery coaches for their hospitality and organisation of the morning. Also a big thank you to all the coaches who have helped out during the season so far.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman