Otters preparing for Pinhoe test
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary shared four goals with Sandford at Washbrook Meadow last Saturday.
Since the 5-1 defeat at Tipton St John back on December 2, the Otters have put together an impressive run of five wins and a draw – last Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Sandford bringing to an end a run of five successive wins.
On Saturday Ottery will travel to Pinhoe for a league match, looking to complete a Division Three double over the Exeter side as they beat the Pins 3-2 when they clashed at Washbrook Meadow on the last day of September.
Pinhoe are rock bottom of the table with just three wins and one draw, together with 13 defeats in their 16 league starts so far.
The Pins are without a win since a November 4, 4-3 home win over Clyst Valley Reserves. Since that early November defeat, Pinhoe go into this weekend’s match on a run of five games without a win and they were beaten 4-0 last Saturday at Clyst Valley Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
The Otters have now scored 46 goals in their 18 league and cup games so far this season.
In the Bill Slee Cup quarter-finals, Ottery have been drawn against Division Four side Winchester, who are currently enjoying a superb season, sitting second in that division having won 11, drawn two and lost just one of their 14 league games so far.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
The Bill Slee Cup tie is set to be played at Washbrook Meadow on Easter Sunday (April 2).
The other three quarter-final ties are: Crediton United versus Tipton St John and Kentisbeare versus Uplowman (both being played on March 3) and Whipton and Pinhoe versus Woodbury, the latter yet to be given a date.
Friday, June 1, is the date of the 2018 Ottery St Mary AFC senior players awards evening being held at the clubhouse at Washbrook Meadow.
Jordan Wilkinson and Adam Brook could not be separated in the Otters’ January Player of the Month vote, and so share the honour.
The Frank Bastin funeral date has been set for February 27 at noon with the service being held at St Mary’s Parish Church, Ottery St Mary.