Otters seeking a quick-fire double over Priory
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Ottery St Mary entertain Priory tomorrow (Saturday) in a Macron League Division Three contest at Washbrook Meadow (2.15pm) when they will seek to complete a quick-fire double having beaten the same team in Exeter last Saturday.
The Otters remain unbeaten away from home this season in the league and were good value for their 3-1 win in Exeter courtesy of goals from Callum Hutchings, Ben Rushton and leading scorer Corey Ringer.
That goal from Ringer means he now has nine goals from just seven league starts this season which makes him the sixth top scorer in the division.
Priory have three players in the top 10 in terms of the Macron Division Three goal scoring chart.
What’s more, before the match Otters boss Dave Fairweather had suggested his team were about to break their ‘duck’ of having conceded at least two goals in all eight previous matches this season, and his team did just that, shipping only the one as they banked the points in style.
You may also want to watch:
The Otters go into the contest sitting seventh in the table and, with Priory sitting second, 11 points better off, another success would take Fairweather’s team to within eight points of Priory who have played five games more!
Ottery have a great chance over the coming weeks to climb up into the top three for, after the Priory visit they travel to Sandford before playing back-to-back East Devon derbies with a November 25 home game against Otterton followed, seven days later by, the short trip to Tipton St John.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
There’s also action at Washbrook Meadow on Sunday with the Ottery ladies taking on Budleigh Salterton Robinettes (2pm). The following Sunday (November 19), the Ottery ladies are in Devon FA Women’s Supplementary Cup quarter-final action when they travel to Ilfracombe.
In the draw, made earlier this week, the winners of next Sunday’s match will host either Buckland Athletic or Feniton in the semi-finals on January 21, 2018.