Otters set for busy end of season
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary’s Washbrook Meadow home is set to be a busy venue over the coming weeks as it stages the usual rush of cup semi-finals and finals.
Next Thursday and Friday (May 10 and 11) the Otters host the two Golesworthy Cup semi-finals, the first of which sees Bradninch taking on Seaton Town Reserves and the following day it’s Upottery Reserves versus East Budleigh Reserves.
The Otters are in cup semi-final action themselves the week after (Wednesday, May 16), when they take on either Chard Town or Heavitree United in the last four of the Grandisson Cup.
In terms of the big final dates confirmed so far: the Golesworthy Cup final takes place at Ottery on May 25 with the Morrison Bell Cup final on May 29 and the Grandisson Cup final is set for May 30.
Ottery ladies are in action at home this Sunday (May 6) when they take on Halwill in a Devon Women’s League fixture.
You may also want to watch:
Last Sunday, the Otterettes were close to pulling off arguably the result of their season – if not indeed, their history – when they led Budleigh ladies 1-0 with less than 10 minutes to play.
However, they contrived to spurn a ‘gilt edged’ chance to seal the win with a second and then conceded in added time to be edged out 2-1.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
Defeated they may have been, but the ‘bigger picture’ is most certainly how much the Ottery ladies have improved in the past 12 months!
A measure of that is born out of the fact that, when they met the Robinettes last season, Budleigh were 8-0 winners!