Otters sign goalkeeper Jamie Evans
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary manager Dave Fairweather has moved swiftly to replace the now retired goalkeeper Hugh Court.
The Otters have signed Jamie Evans, who was in goal last season for Exwick Village.
Ottery boss Dave Fairweather says: “With Hugh retiring, getting a regular number one was important and we are delighted that Jamie has joined us.”
Another new player in the pre-season ranks, though no stranger to Ottery fans over the years, is Matthew Preece, the striker who played for Ottery in the days when they were a South West Peninsula League side.
Fairweather says: “We welcome both new lads and I am sure they will add to our selection challenges! But that’s a good thing; every coach wants competition for places and it will make for interesting training sessions!”
You may also want to watch:
Fairweather continued: “We have other ‘irons in the fire’ and there are new players still showing an interest and so I could not be happier with playing matters at this early stage of a new season.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival