Otters suffer blow to top five hopes
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary suffered a huge blow to their hopes of a top five finish and possible gate-crashing the promotion picture after when they went down 1-0 at Kentisbeare.
The Mid Devon side completed a Macron League Division Four double over the Otters, scoring the only goal of a close contest via a first-half free-kick.
However, whereby Otters boss Dave Fairweather had felt the November 2-0 Washbrook Meadow defeat had been the ‘right’ result on the balance of play, he felt his team deserved more this time round.
Fairweather said: “In the home game they were far better than us on the day, but that was certainly not the case this time.
“We produced a performance of two halves – the first saw us play exceptionally well and had two players not ducked in the wall then there is now way that they [Kentisbeare] would have scored with the free-kick.
You may also want to watch:
After the break we were not quite at the same level and so I’d argue that we deserved a draw for what was, in general, a good all-round performance.”
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend