Otters suffer Over-60s Triples League defeats
- Credit: Archant
The past week was not the best in terms of success for Ottery St Mary bowlers, writes Michael Smith.
In the LOFTL competition, Ottery ladies lost a close encounter at Pinces Garden, going down by just two shots at 34-32.
The one success for the Otters was an 18-14 victory for the rink of Terri Ward, Fenella Giggs and skip Gail Hawke.
It was not a good week for the three men’s teams playing in the Exeter and District Over-60s League as all three went down, this despite each one of then teams sharing the rink scores!
The A team went down away at Sidmouth A, the B side lost at Bradninch A and the C team went down on their visit to Sidmouth D.
You may also want to watch:
There was success though in a friendly fixture with the visit to Dunkeswell seeing Ottery share the rink score at 2-2, but take the overall match honours by 85 shots to 75.
The top Ottery rink was the one of Gill White, Steve Goodenough and skip Terry House, who won 23-11.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
To end the week, Ottery played host to the Plymouth Nomads who won the meeting 128-113 and also claimed the rink count by a score of 5-2.
Want to know more about all things Ottery St Mary Bowls Club? Then you can do so by contacting Mike Smith on 01404 811195.